Saturday, June 2, 2012

Austin Cake Ball Bakeshop

Cake balls a truffle sized balls of cooked cake batter mixed with icing, covered in hardened icing and decorated to be beautiful. In other words, they are delicious bites of heaven. I recently stopped in at Austin Cake Ball's Burnet location an purchased a half dozen cake balls, various flavors, to share with coworkers. 

Very good. Very pricey.
I was shocked at the cost of these! They are $2.95 each or $16. 95 for a half dozen. I couldn't comprehend that a tiny cake ball would be so expensive! The only thing that made me feel a little better is they were fresh, delicious, and my coworkers raved about how tasty they were. If I am going to spend $2.95 on a dessert, I'd rather have something that offers a few extra bites of enjoyment. I will say cake balls are a good option if you are looking for something different in a dessert. These are also some of the best cake balls I've tried in Austin - I just wish I could afford to have them more often.

Austin Cake Ball Bakeshop is located at 5310 Burnet Road in north Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment